[Brass] Announcing the 12th Season of Brass!

brass-mail at mailman.yale.edu brass-mail at mailman.yale.edu
Thu Sep 1 09:48:06 EDT 2011

Greetings Friends and Fans of Brass!
    It's been a very busy summer for us, and we have lots to share with
you. First, it is with a heavy heart that we bid farewell to trombonist
Jason Robins, who is returning to the South (we suspect last winter
broke his spirit). Jason has been an invaluable colleague and friend,
and we wish him well in his future endeavors.
    As we look to the future, we would like to welcome our new
trombonist, Jennifer Griggs. You may have heard Jenn play with us; she
has been a regular sub with the group for a couple of years, most
recently joining us on the Spring Marble and Brass concert. Jennifer is
a talented and enthusiastic musician, and we love working with her. It
is exciting to bring her on as a full-time member.
    We have a busy season coming up; below are some of our upcoming
appearances:

    * On Sept. 12th, we will be at Evergreen Woods in North Branford,
      performing classical and swing music.
    * Oct 16th we join the Brubeck Brothers for a concert in Wilton, CT.
    * December 7th we present /A Very Brass Christmas/ at the Beinecke,
      with special guests Apple Orange Pair
      <http://www.appleorangepair.com/>.
    * April 18th we present /From Russia With Love/, a very special
      Marble and Brass featuring harpist Colleen Potter Thorburn
      <http://www.colleenpotterthorburn.com/> on a hauntingly beautiful
      piece for harp and brass quintet, and a majestic arrangement of
      Modest Moussorgsky's /Pictures at an Exhibition/.

Check out our full schedule on our website, and don't forget to like us
on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/nhbrass>for the latest updates and
special clips from our performances.
    We look forward to seeing you soon!

--