[Brass] Upcoming Seasonal Concerts

brass-mail at mailman.yale.edu brass-mail at mailman.yale.edu
Mon Nov 12 08:07:57 EST 2012

Friends,
    We hope you have come safely through the series of recent storms,
and that all of you have something like your normal lives restored.
Perhaps we are getting far enough away from Sandy that it sounds trite
to say these things, but it is important that those of us who have not
lost much not forget that for those who have lost everything, the path
to recovery is a slow and long one. We am happy to report that all the
members of Brass are doing well.
    There are two chances to hear us coming up. The first is on November
30th at 6:00 pm, when Brass will perform a program written by our own
Junius Johnson entitled: /Adventus Christi: A Theological Journey
Through Music./ The program features a series of reflections on the
spiritual lessons embedded in popular sacred Christmas carols and
secular Christmas songs. The concert will alternate between a reading of
these reflections, and performance of the music in the style of a
service of lessons and carols. The performance will be at the Marquand
Chapel at the Yale Divinity School, 409 Prospect St. in New Haven.
    After that, we cast aside our seriousness to return with all of our
accustomed levity for /Sounds of the Season/, our annual holiday concert
at the Beinecke, on Dec. 5th at 5:15 pm. Last year we shattered the
attendance record with a standing room only 220 guests, so come early to
get a good spot! We and our hosts at the Beinecke are anticipating
another great celebration, with a reception to follow.
    We hope to see you soon, and look forward to sharing these exciting
performances with you!

--
Brass
Serious Music, Serious Fun