[Bulldog Cube Club] Leftover Rubik's Cubes

Anthony Hsu erwaman at gmail.com
Sun May 6 00:29:23 EDT 2012

Hey there everyone,

I hope everyone's made it or making it through finals week okay!  Stay
strong!

Anywho, I just wanted to wrap things up for the year.  The Rubik's Cube
competition last weekend - Yale Spring 2012
<http://union.cubingusa.com/yalespring2012> - was our last event of the
semester.  We had a good turnout (52 competitors) and this time around,
we made a profit!  (For the whole year, though, we're still in debt.)

Our Rubik's Cube mosaic exhibits have both wrapped up.  In case you
missed them, you can still see pictures of them here:

  * Silliman exhibit
    <http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3022023153191.2127784.1341060119&type=3&l=1e76e78f74>
  * Stiles exhibit
    <http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3125289614788.2130055.1341060119&type=3>

Over the semester, we were able to build frames for three of our mosaics
-- those of three college shields:

  * Saybrook shield
  * Silliman shield
  * Stiles shield

We have already given these framed mosaics to the respective college's
Master's Offices.  Hopefully in the future you will see them displayed
around the colleges.

By a stroke of luck, I happened to meet a freshman -- Benjamin Peterson
(SM '15) -- who is interning at Mozilla this summer.  He showed them our
Firefox mosaic, and they like it and want it!  I'll be rebuilding the
mosaic today and then boxing it up for him to ship over.  If you'd like
to help build the mosaic or sign one of the white cubes in the mosaic,
give me a call at 862.222.4346.

This leaves us with about 1000 cubes that don't have permanent homes.
Thus, if you or someone you know would be interested in some free cubes
or mosaics, let me know and we'll work something out.

Have a wonderful summer!
Anthony