[Carillon-info] Yale Carillon Summer Series Cancellation

christina.meyer at yale.edu christina.meyer at yale.edu
Sat Jul 9 20:25:19 EDT 2005

Dear Friends:

The Yale University Guild of Carillonneurs regrets to inform you that
this year’s annual Summer Concert Series has been postponed until
further notice.  The interior of Harkness Tower is currently undergoing
extensive renovations to improve and expand our practice and office
space.  The funding for this project was only recently approved, and we
sincerely apologize about the delay in our communications to you about
this matter.

In a look to the future, we are excited to announce that we will host
the Guild of Carillonneurs in North America for their annual Congress
from June 20 to June 23, 2006.  The Congress will feature daily
concerts on the newly refurbished Harkness Memorial Carillon by
respected artists and talented young performers.  Please join us for
this unique event next June and extend the invitation to your family
and friends.  The free concerts will provide wonderful opportunities to
enjoy the evening or afternoon outdoors in the beautiful Gothic
courtyard adjoining Harkness Tower.  For more information about the
Congress, we encourage you to check our website at
www.yale.edu/carillon for updates.

Sincerely,

Christina Meyer and Tiffany Ng
Summer Carillonneurs, Yale University

Please continue to check for updates on our website at
www.yale.edu/carillon

For more information please contact one of the Summer Carillonneurs by
email (christina.meyer @yale.edu or tiffany.ng at yale.edu) or by phone at
(203) 432-2309.