[Carillon-info] Carillon Concert tonight by Claire Halpert

Nick Huang nick.huang at yale.edu
Fri Aug 6 09:52:29 EDT 2010

Dear friends and carillon enthusiasts,

This evening we are proud to present another alumna -- Claire Halpert.
Claire is an alumna of Yale College and of the Yale Guild; she was the
co-chair her junior and senior years, and in 2007 was elected to
carillonneur membership in the Guild of Carillonneurs of North America.
She is now a graduate student in linguistics at the Massachusetts
Institute of Technology, and plays the carillon at the St. Stephen's
Church in Cohasset, MA.

On Claire's program tonight is a diverse mix of musical styles that
showcases the versatility of the carillon, ranging from Romantic (Fantasia
II by Staf Nees), folk-inspired (Ewie with the Crookit Horn by Ronald
Barnes), to perennial favorites (the Sesamuppets Suite by Sally Slade
Warner, who also played at St Stephen's).

We hope to see you tonight!

Best,
Nick and Julie

==Concert by Claire Halpert==
Venue: Branford College (on High Street and Elm Street), Yale University,
New Haven. (Concert-goers are advised not to bring dogs.)
Date: August 2, 2010 (Friday); 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Listening space is
available in the Branford College courtyard, from 6:30 p.m. In the event
of rain, we will have listening space indoors, in Linsley Chittenden Hall,
on 63 High Street, across the street from Branford.
Seating: Not provided, but audience members are encouraged to bring
blankets and lawn chairs to the listening area.
Program: Available at
http://yale.edu/carillon/summer/summer_profiles2010#c8