Fiery Skippers

Andrew Brand andrew.brand at snet.net
Sun Aug 8 11:30:05 EDT 1999

On Saturday, Aug. 7, Lenny Brown and I had three Fiery Skippers. One was
in the Westbrook area and two were found on the Buddleias at Van
Wilgen's garden center in North Branford. Later in the afternoon I had
another fiery in my yard (new one for the yard list!) in Hamden again on
Buddleia. Also, in Guilford, we had a Little Sulphur. Despite the dry
conditions, we had at least 22 species. With the current drought, garden
centers are good areas to be looking for butterflies as they are loaded
with healthy "juiced up" nectar plants.

Happy watching!
Andy Brand