Food plant

Robert R Muller rrmuller at snet.net
Tue Aug 15 11:50:52 EDT 2000

This may be of interest, 2 years ago I collected seeds from Cassia that =
was growing in its normal habitat of poor sand & gravel mix.
My reason was an attempt to introduce it to my yard to supply a food =
source for both Little Yellow & Cloudless sulphur larva.
This year I got a real supprise when it came up in 4 seperate areas, one =
of most interest was the large bed that developed in our regular flower =
bed of rich soil.
The plants are very large & completly covered with yellow flowers, it is =
a great looking addition . I now have 4 large beds of Cassia growing & =
hope the 2 species of mentioned Butterflies show up, if they do or don't =
this flowering plant is Great.
Fern like leafs with the entire stem covered in bright yellow flowers.

I'd recommend it to everyone for planting in there yards, collect the =
seed pods,
remove & sprinkley seeds around, they are doing best in Full sun as well =
as 1/2 day.=20

You can find the plants now in full blume & collect seeds when pods are =
full & turn Brown, try it in your yard , once established it reseeds =
itself.

You have two things to gain a great looking flower in your beds plus =
food for two neat Butterflies, give it a try.

Hope this has been of interest.

Bob Muller.

 =20