New London Butterfly Count - Monday for sure

Clay Taylor CTaylor at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jul 16 18:36:21 EDT 2000

I hate weathermen (and weatherwomen, for that matter).   Sunday's predicted deluge never materialized, so I spent the morning scouting, and set my sights on Monday (to borrow a line from America).   We will meet at Haley Farm State Park at 8:30 am (note- a half hour later than the original meeting time) and commence a'countin.
    Spotted a Juniper Hairstreak at 7:30 am today by the UPS facility off Rt 85 in Waterford, and saw my first Broad-winged Skipper of the year at the lower soccer field at Conn College - along the fence by the RR tracks.  At least the rain only persisted for one day, so any late-lingering skippers and such might have survived - Haley Farm is good for that kind of thing.

Clay