Eastern CT RSPs

Clay Taylor CTaylor at swarovskioptik.com
Thu Aug 9 23:16:49 EDT 2001

Hi All -

    While driving to work in RI this morning, I saw dozens of Red-spotted Purples along the roadside through the Voluntown, CT and Exeter, RI area on RT 165.   By the time I started counting I had already passed quite a few, but there were 25 (about 2/3 dead or stunned in the road) in less than 5 miles.  The road passed Beach Pond and through Arcadia WMA in RI, so anyone driving the dirt roads in Arcadia or in Pachaug State Forest in Voluntown will doubtless see dozens, maybe hundreds of RSPs.  I saw no White Admirals in the group.

Clay Taylor