Poanes massasoit, Euphyes conspicua, carex stricta, asclepias incarnata

bill and Dale droberts03 at snet.net
Mon Jul 16 10:21:33 EDT 2001

Everyone,
        Having read Lenny's recent post that the Mulberry Wing's were
flying I went out to my deck with my binoculars and seached my wet
meadow to see if the swamp milkweed was blooming. It was (and is). I
walked down to the area where the tussock sedge mounds begin and the
patch of swamp milkweed ends and they (Mulberry Wings) were there in
force, a couple of dozen.  Not only that but, exactly as described in
the Glassberg book, the black dash were flying right alongside. I'm kind
of amazed by the accuracy of the description of the association among
Mulberry Wing, Black Dash and Swamp Milkweed.  This must be a well
established phenomena and I'd like to learn some more about this. Can
anyone suggest a reference where I could investigate this further?
Thanks.

Bill Yule