Azures

Clay Taylor CTaylor at swarovskioptik.com
Tue Jun 5 10:02:39 EDT 2001

I see that I have set off a mini-debate.  Actually, that's good, because I
want to have the option of at least TRYING to ID these critters to as fine a
level as possible.

    Has anyone come up with a series ID key (..if subject has dark hindwing
margin, see #2, if not see#3, etc.....) for the Azure forms?  While it is
all well and good to say that one Azure form is larger than another, etc.,
that's assuming another observer has the SAME field experience and
observational powers as yourself.

    I would love to see such a key, or if one has never been created, I
would like to be involved in the process (if possible).  The SBC season is
drawing near, and I'd like to go out into the field prepared for all
possibilities.

Clay Taylor