New Year butterflies for me

robert rrmuller at Snet.Net
Mon Jun 11 15:37:22 EDT 2001

Clay,
The information you provide is of value to all & any persons in the State, keep it up.
We really need more feeback from members
Bob

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Clay Taylor
  To: Conn Leps
  Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 2:32 PM
  Subject: New Year butterflies for me

  Hi -

      I briefly stopped at the Horse Hill Road powerline in Westbrook (about 1/2 mile south of Messerschmitt Pond) on Sunday morning.  I was greeted by a big, gaudy dragonfly that I have not yet been able to pin a name on, but I was there to look for Great Spangled Fritillary.  Sure enough, one went cruising by along the treeline, but that was the only one I saw.  Also saw one Hoary Edge, along with American Lady, Red Admiral (big surprise), Juvenal's Duskywing (tattered), and an E. Tiger Swallowtail.

  Clay