general trends

bill and Dale droberts03 at snet.net
Tue Jun 19 23:39:36 EDT 2001

Couldn't help but notice the emergence of good numbers of Eastern Commas
(Polygonia comma) this week Beginning at the CBA Field Day at Bent of
the River on June 16th (there were 8-10 right in area of the entrance
road and up to the buildings)and continuing till today Ive been seeing
fresh commas everywhere. All are the dark "summer form" and very
beautiful. Also good numbers of red-spotted purples continue and, for me
at least, in areas where I haven't seen them before. Also Great Spangled
Frits and Monarchs numbers are increasing daily in my neck of the woods.

   For those with dragoneye one little dip into ode land; almost every
shady stream I've been to in the past two weeks seems to have a hefty
population of ebony jewelwings (Calopteryx maculata), always a nice
sight.
                                                                  Bill Y