Gem perfect Red Admrials

robert rrmuller at Snet.Net
Thu Jun 21 12:09:36 EDT 2001

Good Morning Alex,
They just dont get it! Take Glassberg for example, I understand he put a
comment in his new book that collecting is primitive or something along
those lines, I dont have the book & have no intentions of ever buying it.
 If it wasnt for the collectors of the past & present his book would be of
Butterflies with NO NAMES or ANY INFORMATION ON THEM.  I guess that would
make the book worthless, which I consider it be be anyway.
I wonder if these people really think the information comes from looking at
Butterflies or Moths flying around the yard, they have no clue of the
research that had to be done.
I guess there one track minds will never change. I put the fact that I
COLLECT  in my postings so they KNOW it is not evil, it is part of my life
not to mention the loads of information I supply to every  Major college in
this & other States.

I wonder how many top Professor's in the field of Biology started by
developing an interest at a young age by Collecting bugs & preparing there
little collections? and how many now hold these positions & obtained them by
looking at Bugs through Binoculars, I doubt if there is even one.

I do not know ANY CHILD that took an interest in bugs& developed a
collection of same that ended up on the streets selling drugs or being
involved in drive by shootings, these are two extreme examples but you get
my message.

Give a kid a net, help develope there interest in Nature as a whole & you
will end up with trouble free children , just as my Children < Grand
children & hopefully my newest GREAT Grandson who will get his first net at
the ripe old age of ONE & make me as proud as I'am of each & everyone of
them, Trouble free.

Museums would be of great value if we get rid of all collected material &
replace them with pictures, do you ever think that day will come, My answere
is NO!!

Well Alex we may be on the list of the primitive people but guess what so
will my kids & any other child that I can & will encourage to COLLECT.

Have a Great Day
Your Friend
Bob