late fliers?

bill and Dale droberts03 at snet.net
Thu Oct 4 21:14:12 EDT 2001

Hi all,
     Today I was surprised to see some of the butterflies I hadn't seen
in awhile. Two days of Summer weather maybe? In North Guilford today-
Pearl Crescent (Phyciodes tharos)- 8
Mourning Cloak (Nymphalis antiopa)- 1
American Lady (Vanessa virginiensis)-   5
Painted Lady (Vanessa cardui)- 3
Red Admiral (Vanessa atalanta)- 2
Summer Azure or some kind of Azure(Celastrina ladon)-  1
Eastern Tailed Blue- (Everes comyntas)- 3
Peck's Skipper (Polites peckius)- 1 "old and tired"
American Copper (Lycaena phlaeas)- 2
Along the coast there were hundreds of Monarchs flying again today
everywhere I stopped.
Well I was lucky enough to spend the day afield and it was great. Hope
to see some of you out there soon, Winter's long, fun's too short.
                                                            Bill Yule