moths

jh jhimmel at mindspring.com
Wed Jul 17 19:05:50 EDT 2002

Hi Folks -

The butterflies have been slow, but the moths have been pretty good.  It
just may be that there are so many more of them to start with (about 20x
more - species-wise!).

Anyway, I've added 3 new ones to the site - Painted Lichen Moth, Banded
Tussock Moth and Blinded Sphinx.  They're at www.connecticutmoths.com.

Also - I'm getting more Hickory and Striped Hairstreaks along my driveway.

With all this hoopla over the new Tiger/Appalachian Swallowtails, I've been
dying to get some upclose looks at some.  I've only seen one in the last
week - flying up in the treetops!  It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to
keep an eye out for larvae to rear them out and see what they turn into.

John
John Himmelman
Killingworth, CT
jhimmel at mindspring.com