A few new sights, Guilford CT

Dale Roberts/Bill Yule droberts03 at SNET.Net
Sun Jun 2 23:35:35 EDT 2002

Nice weekend to be out and some new fliers for me to report.
Started seeing Red-spotted Purples Saturday and two Great Spangled Fritillaries.
Today-
Second Monarch of the year.
A couple of the first European Skippers and a surprise was a Skipper I netted to look at better turned out to be a Delaware Skipper, definately early for me.
Also the first Silver-spotted Skipper.

Off topic highlights in the dragonfly department were
Arrowhead Spiketails, Swamp Darners and Painted Skimmers.

                                       Cheers,
                                                         Bill Yule