latest moth

jh jhimmel at mindspring.com
Wed May 8 10:18:38 EDT 2002

Hi peoples - I've added a new moth to the moth site, Baileya ophthalmica
(Eyed Baileya) - it looks like a piece of washed out bird crap - with eye
spots.  The photo shows it slurping up minerals from my gravel driveway.  Go
to www.connecticutmoths.com

Also, don't forget - tonight is David Wagner's talk, "A Look at Butterfly
Conservation in CT", which will feature the 10 rarest butterflies of the
state.  I spoke with him yesterday and he says the state of some of our
species is a bit alarming.  It's 7:30PM at the New Haven Agricutural
Experiment Station.  Hope to see you there - this should be a very
interesting, and important, presentation. (sponsored by the CT Butterfly
Assn.)

Sorry for any cross posting.

John
John Himmelman