field trip reminder, etc.

Diane Adams barnacle at portone.com
Wed May 29 14:15:09 EDT 2002

Hi Everybody!

Almost forgot, it's time for another CBA field trip reminder!

June 1, 2002 (Saturday), rain date: June 2, Sunday
9 AM
PLEASANT VALLEY, Lyme, and EAST HADDAM HOTSPOTS
Leader: Clay Taylor (860) 873-9078

Hoping for Dusted and Cobweb Skippers and possibly Horace’s, Sleepy, and
Dreamy Duskywings.

Meet at the commuter lot in Old Lyme off I-95. Parking lot is located
across from entrance ramp to the Conn River (I-95) bridge to Old
Saybrook. Traveling east on I-95 take exit 70, go left at end of ramp
and under I-95. Parking lot is on right. Going west take exit 70 and go
straight at end of ramp. Continue to 2nd traffic light (RT 156), turn
left and parking area is on left.

ALSO,
don't forget that next Saturday (June 8) is CBA Field Day!  More about
that next week...

AND,
for those who like to keep track of things, there are a few butterfly
counts coming up:

Old Lyme / Madison - Wednesday, June 19 (rain date 6/20)
    Meet at 8am at the commuter parking lot at I-95 Exit 64 (Horse Hill
Road) in Westbrook

East Haddam - Thursday, June 27 (rain date 6/28)
    Meet at 8am at the Boat Launch area of Haddam Meadows State Park,
Haddam

New London - Monday, July 15 (rain date 7/16)
    Meet at 8am at Haley Farm State Park, Groton

Butterfliers of all levels of experience are welcome.  You can spend all
day
in the field, or as little as 3 hours.  Call Clay Taylor at 860-873-9078
or
e-mail at ctaylor at att.net  for more details.

I'm enjoying reading everyone's field reports.  Sadly, with little
blooming in my yard, I'm not seeing much yet this year...sulphurs,
cabbage whites, one little wood satyr--lots of dragonflies!...hopefully
I'll buy some things at the plant sale at Field Day to change all that!

Til then, hope to see some of you this weekend!

Diane Adams
(CBA Publicity)