Staten Island

Michael Janavel mjanavel at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 16:40:49 EDT 2003

Hello from down here. Last week or so I thought I saw a Regal Fritillary, but as no one reported one there, I decided to wait and see. Today, I saw another (or the same one) in my garden. Butterlies can be quite active in my yard and sometimes verification of identity is difficult. No doubt about this one, as he stayed awhile.

Also, first Monarch of the year in my garden. As my Asclepias incarnata has not yet flowered it just gave it the once-over. Also had to move a too-curious cat while Monarch was flying about.

Baltimore Checkerspot has good presence here this year.

Cabbage Whites enjoying the heck out of my lavender.

Michael Janavel