a new book and an invitation

Diane Adams ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Sun Jul 27 17:11:18 EDT 2003

I just finished reading "An Obsession with Butterflies:  Our long
Love Affair with a Singular Insect" by Sharman Apt Russell.  It
touched on a variety of topics--stories of early butterfly collectors,
moths, descriptions of various butterflies' mating habits,
conservation...  I recommend it!

As your CBA publicity person, it has come to my attention that parts
of the state are feeling a bit left out by the lack of events in their
areas.  I can't be everywhere, but I would like to extend an invitation
to those in the lower Fairfield County area.  I would like to invite
people to my mother's house in Westport, Saturday August 9 at 11
AM.  We can drink iced tea, check out my mother's butterfly bushes,
and talk about butterflies.  I'd especially like to get  some
suggestions for possible future field trips.

If you are interested, please get in touch with me!   I will not be
posting directions to the whole list-serve, only to those who think
they would like to be there.  Also, there is limited parking, and my
mother would like to know how many people to expect.

Hope to meet some of you soon!
Diane Adams
(Chester)