still not over?

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Tue Oct 28 13:17:29 EST 2003

Stopped off at Hammo on the way home from work at noon.  Driving towards the nature center, a Monarch crossed my path.  Didn't find it in the butterfly garden, but as I walked around the parking lot, I noticed three monarchs in flight, as well as a Cabbage White and a sulphur species (and a woolly bear squashed on the road :-(  )  Walking back to my van, I saw three Monarchs nectaring on the last of the clover and dandelions  (don't know if the ones I saw before came back) as well as one Orange Sulphur and one Cabbage White (again, possibly the same ones).  Also a few moths (and a Great Blue Heron).  It felt a little bit like witnessing the Last Supper.

Hope to see you all at Members' Night!

Diane Adams