swallowtail larvae id

Lemmon lemmon at snet.net
Mon Sep 1 22:28:38 EDT 2003

Dear Linda,

You have Black Swallowtail larvae.  They also feed on parsley and fennel.  There is no reason not to take it to school for a short show and tell.  Black swallowtail is one of the butterflies that overwinter as a chrysalis.  You should release them back to the queen anne's lace shortly after as this is the wintering generation.

Carol Lemmon