Monarch Tagging

RChyinski at aol.com RChyinski at aol.com
Thu Sep 25 17:39:51 EDT 2003

Monarchs are definately moving. This morning at Hammonasset I tagged 100 with
the help of Laura Rogers-Castro. Then went to Long Wharf Perserve to help The
New Haven Land Trust with their tagging. The wind was too strong and they
were only able to tag 4 Monarchs. We did net and release one that they had tagged
yesterday. Next stop was Lighthouse Point where I tagged 29. Most were not
moving much due to the strong winds coming from the SW. On the way home stopped
at hammo and tagged another 32 with some help from the staff at the Nature
Center. Total for the day 161.
Rich Chyinski