field trip reminder, Chester, etc.

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Sat Jul 3 08:42:00 EDT 2004

Happy Fourth of July!

Next weekend, Saturday July 10 at 10 AM, is your chance to get a preview of this year's CBA Field Day site.  John Himmelman will be leading a trip of the Flanders Nature Center in Woodbury.  1400 acres!  There are detailed directions on the website, www.ctbutterfly.org.

I got all excited when I saw a flash of orange down in my milkweed patch.  Still no monarchs, but the fritillaries found out that the tuberosa was in bloom.

Off the lep topic, but still in the bug world...my husband's Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches had babies.  Lots of them.  Normally he keeps them in his classroom, but they're home for the summer.  He calls them the perfect pet--they eat dog food nuggets, get water from a film canister with a wick, like a bit of lettuce, and don't take up much room.  If you'd like a few, please get in touch!

Diane Adams
Chester