directions to Babcock

ctaylor at att.net ctaylor at att.net
Fri May 21 22:41:58 EDT 2004

Hi all -

To get to the Babcock Pond WMA, take CT Rt. 16 East from the intersection with Rt. 149 in Westcgester.  At the bottom of the big hill, you will see Babcock Pond on the right.  Take the first road to the right (I think it's Hagen Road), just as you cross the small bridge.  Hagen Rd. is dirt, but is relatively smooth (just minor potholes - no big ruts).  Follow it until it transitions into oiled gravel, and watch for a road to the right.  Turn right, go down the little hill to a DEP barway and a parking area.

Walk past the barway, down the forest road (heading away from Hagen Road).  About 80 yards down the road, it forks, and the P&S Skipper was right there.  After my initial sighting, I couldn't re-find it.

The Dusted Skippers were in the field on the opposite of the road from the pull-in to the parking area.

Clay Taylor
Moodus, CT
ctaylor at att.net