Sunday, 5/23 sightings - good day, eh?

Clay Taylor CTaylor at swarovskioptik.com
Mon May 24 10:10:15 EDT 2004

Hi all -

    What started out as a chilly, gloomy morning broke out into a super day - I spent about 3 hours butterflying in Lyme, joined by Hank Golet after a while -

Pipevine Swallowtail - 4
Black swallowtail - 1 male
E. Tiger Swallowtail - 4
Spicebush Swallowtail - 1
Cabbage White - 2
Clouded Sulphur - 1 (worn - caught & released)
American Copper - 50+
Gray Hairstreak - 1 (my FOTY)
Eastern Tailed-Blue - 30 D
Pearl Crescent - 100+ D
American Lady - 11
Viceroy - 1 (my FOTY)
Little Wood-Satyr - 100's - everywhere!!!
Southern Cloudywing - 1 (photo'd by Hank - I missed it)
Northern Cloudywing - 7D
Juvenal's Duskywing - 3 (including one that might have been a Horace's - we continue to debate it)
Wild-Indigo Duskywing - 2
Indian Skipper - 15+ D (my FOTY)
Tawny-edged Skipper - 2 D
Hobomok Skipper - 12 (including one female dark-morph "Pocahantas")
Dusted Skipper - 8 D

Amazingly, no Peck's Skipper there, but tons of them at my house later on in the day.

Oh yes, the "D" indicates species that I got a Digital Photo of - no, not the camera type.   When it was still overcast and cool, I got them to sit on my finger for a portrait - hence a "digit"-al photo.

Clay Taylor
Moodus, CT