Lighthouse Point Park, New Haven

Epmanshell at aol.com Epmanshell at aol.com
Sat Sep 11 16:25:23 EDT 2004

Saturday, 9/11- I visited Lighthouse Point Park and found the  following
butterflies:

Cabbage White (1)
Clouded Sulphur (7)
Orange Sulphur (3)
Gray Hairstreak (1)
Common Buckeye (3)
Monarch (6)
Wild Indigo Duskywing (2)
Fiery Skipper (2 males hanging out in the very well tended  CBA Butterfly
garden)
Ocola Skipper (1) (my first of the year, nectaring on the  clover near the
hawk watch site)

On Friday 9/10, Dori Sosensky had a Cloudless Sulphur at  Lighthouse Point
Park as well.

As you can see, this year, the Park is clearly a good site to look for
southern immigrant butterflies.  They will hopefully stay around for the  2nd
Annual Hawk Festival that Diane Adams discussed in another  message.

Lenny Brown
Wallingford