field trip Sunday

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Fri Apr 22 18:59:38 EDT 2005

Hi All,

Unfortunately, as I look out at the rain, I fear that this may be a moot point... However, should the current forecast change, please note that to get to Chauncey Peak/Giufrida Park in Meriden, you should take I-91 to exit 20 (Country Club Rd.) and go WEST (otherwise you will end up in Middletown!)  Pass State Police HQ (becomes Westfield Rd. in Meriden).  Pass by/under a large quarry operation about 1/4 mile before the park entrance.  Park has a short one-way loop road, entrance is right before a golf course on the right side of the road (look for gray park sign).  Follow the road to a dam and park in the main parking area by the dam.
Hope we really have the trip--if not, I hear it's a location worth checking out.

Diane