sightings & upcoming trips

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Sun Aug 21 15:43:25 EDT 2005

I'm back in CT!

A few things I saw on the road:
in North Carolina:  my first Tawny Emperor, my first Carolina Satyrs
in Virginia:  my first Salt Marsh Skipper (on Chincoteague)

Home in Chester, on the buddleia:
2 Tawny Edged Skippers
2 Peck's Skippers
1 Monarch (male)
3 black-colored swallowtails, somewhat worn, I think Spicebush

Don't forget next Saturday:
August 27, 2005 10 AM
Jared Elliot Preserve  and Van Wilgen’s Garden Center
Guilford and North Branford
Leader: Lenny Brown (203) 949-9024
A new trip! These locations promise to produce a variety of species. We hope to find Fiery Skipper and other southern species that may be moving through the area at this time of year. Be prepared to walk through an uncut meadow (possibly wet) and protect yourself from mosquitoes.
>From I-95 take exit 58 and travel south on Rt. 77. Follow Rt. 77 to Rt. 146 and go west on Rt. 146. After approx. 1-2 miles turn left on Mulberry Point Rd. Proceed over the railroad tracks and look for Mulberry Farms Rd. on your left. We will meet at this intersection.

Diane