Westport Sightings

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Fri Aug 26 18:42:52 EDT 2005

Went to visit my mother in Westport today.  Her buddleia and ironweed are both enormous!!  Way over my head (okay, okay, I know that's not saying much...)

Anyway, saw
8-10 Monarchs, all in good shape (possibly siblings of those that I reared)
8-10 Painted Ladies, in varying states of repair (there may have also been one American Lady--thought I got a quick glimpse of "big eyes")
1 Broad Winged Skipper
1 Silver Spotted Skipper
Several Peck's Skippers
2 Little Glassywings?
Numerous Cabbage Whites
2 Azures?  (first seen flying with the Cabbage Whites, but before I could get a good look, flew UP into the trees, maybe 20 feet up)
1 worn Black Swallowtail

also one Clearwing moth
and one cicada

Hope to see some of you at Lenny's field trip tomorrow!
Diane