Dusted Skipper 5-22-05

ctaylor at att.net ctaylor at att.net
Sun May 22 22:36:07 EDT 2005

All -

When the rain let up and the sun tried to peek out, I hit Babcock WMA (Colchester) and Wapowog WMA (E. Hampton), looking for butterflies.   Saw tons 'o odes at Babcock, but no butterflies.   Also found a gorgeous pink Lady's Slipper.

At Wapowog, I was hoping for a few sluggish Duskywings and found none, but my efforts were rewarded by a spanking-fresh Dusted Skipper that obligingly posed while I burned a few megabytes.   Lenny - what's the earliest date for Dusted Skipper?   This is about as early as I can remember seeing one.

Hmmm, saw Dave's post - gotta hit Gungy soon.

Clay Taylor
Moodus, CT
ctaylor at att.net