Magic Wings

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Tue Aug 22 18:32:42 EDT 2006

Have any of you been to Magic Wings lately?  I went today with a small group of Brownies.  It's really grown!  They now have a sit down restaurant called the Monarch Restaurant as well as a snack bar AND a new butterfly garden and picnic area.  We also caught a peak of their native butterfly breeding area--an enclosed area the size of my kitchen inside a greenhouse full of the appropriate plants and Black Swallowtail caterpillars, Mourning Cloaks, Monarch caterpillars and adults, Question Marks...I think that was it.  Very cool.  Apparently it wasn't really open to the public today, but I want one!  The conservatory itself was very nice also--they've added some reptiles & other insects, also an interesting map showing which continents some of the butterflies come from.  Anyway, if you haven't been, it's in Deerfield, MA.  Check it out!

Diane