Moth ID

Robin Matterfis madisonmontessori at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 24 09:23:12 EST 2006

Hi all,

  Saw two moths last night in Killingworth around 8:00pm.  I'm new to moths and can't find an ID on them.  I hope the info I have can help with an ID.

  1. Brown moth, fuzzy head, 1 white orbicular spot on each forewing.  Had the silhouette of maybe a tussock, prominent or tent caterpillar moth.

  2. Slate gray, fuzzy head, 1 orbicular spot on each forewing (dark w/ lighter outline) and 1 (reniform) spot on each forewing shaped like a keyhole or mushroom.  Also a silhouette of first moth.  very friendly :)

  Robin