sightings, reminder, and request

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Fri Sep 8 14:49:30 EDT 2006

Finally started seeing Monarchs again today, in the midst of all of the cabbage whites!  Saw one in Deep River, one in Centerbrook, and one in Old Saybrook (I suppose it could have been the same one, heading for the shore!)

Then, back at home in Chester, saw one male on the buddleia, whom, I suspect, was the one that I released yesterday--last one of the season for me!  Also in the backyard, one nice-looking spicebush swallowtail, one silver-spotted skipper, and several cabbage whites.  Yesterday I also saw one hairstreak, probably Gray.

Don't forget--next Saturday, approximately 9 AM til 12 noon, it's the CBA sponsored Monarch Tagging in the butterfly garden at Hammonasset.  If you haven't been there, this is a good time to check it out!  Participation is free, but there is still a park entrance fee on weekends.

Finally, my request--I got sidetracked by the beginning of school and lost track of time.  I have a flyer made, that I will be frantically trying to put up in shoreline libraries, etc. over the next few days.  If anyone would like to share the flyer with anyone, or would like to volunteer to post it anywhere, I would be delighted to email it to you!  Spread the word!  This is a family-friendly event!

Thanks,
Diane