Digital Camera for butterfly photography and a sighting

Linda& Jeff Ives skytuc at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 21 21:01:46 EDT 2007

Thanks Roy.
I remember the field trip you refer to.  There was a lot of great information shared on CT-Leps after that trip, which is why I figured this group knows what I am looking for.  I did get several responses off list.  Thanks for all the help!
I agree that I need to go to a local camera store and try a few models out.  I have tried the big box stores and didn't get much help.  Online the information I found was over my head. I will try your suggested website though.
I actually need 2 cameras, one for myself, (an upgrade) and one for my daughter's 13 birthday. I am able to take great butterfly photos with my camera that I make notecards out of, but the lens cover is broken.   I can't find the paperwork for the camera and haven't been able to find the camera's specifications within the camera itself.
My favorite part of summer is capturing butterfly images and the fact that my daughter has expressed an interest in having a camera capable of zooming in on  butterflies too, thrills me.  Amidst friends, boys, clothes, shopping, sports and all the normal distractions of being 13, I'm hoping this will give us an opportunity to spend time together.  As she gets older, I get more "uncool", so having this common interest will keep us bonded.
 I haven't seen a single butterfly yet that I could identify.  I saw a dark, large butterfly in the distance yesterday. I was in the car and couldn't id it.
Thanks for all the help.  It is appreciated!

Linda
Marlborough, CT