tiger swallowtails

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Sun Apr 29 11:33:20 EDT 2007

Just returned from our Girl Scout Camporee in East Lyme.  Once again, my daughter has proven that she has better eyes than I do.  Sitting out in the field, she suddenly says "there goes a butterfly!"  So I look, and there appears to be a Tiger Swallowtail heading up the road.  Ten minutes later, the same thing.  I'd say we were at least thirty feet away, but they were way too big to be sulphurs and certainly flying like swallowtails, so I'm 95% sure!!

Diane