Braemore Preserve Guilford CT

Janine Bujalski janine.bujalski at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 6 20:06:11 EDT 2007

Diane Adams and I wandered through part of Braemore Preserve in
Guilford CT today.

When we started out around 10am or so it was pretty cloudy, very
breezy and somewhat cool. We were not optimistic, but the sun came
out and we were surprised at what we found when we hit sunny spots on
the trail and when we finished up in the meadow. We hiked part of the
Ridge Trail that goes to Reid's View and the Lunch Rocks and came
back to Sieferts Meadow.

Here's what we saw:

2 cabbage whites
1 zabulon skipper (female, very fresh)
3 zabulon skippers (male)
1 red spotted purple
1 spice bush swallowtail
6 little wood satyrs
1 hobomonk skipper
3 peck skippers
4 skippers, the size of peck skippers, but we weren't able to clearly
identify them
12+ pearl crescents

Janine