Macricostas walk tomorrow

Peary Stafford pstaff at pipeline.com
Sat Jun 9 18:33:50 EDT 2007

Folks:
	The forecast for tomorrow is not great - cloudy with a chance of
showers - so the butterflies will probably be limited at
Macricostas.  Andy is not going to be able to make it, but BK and I
will be at the appointed spot (behind the red house) at the appointed
hour (10 AM) ready to take a walk with whoever shows up.
	We went out for a reconnoiter today and in 3 1/2 hours turned up
these species:

	Black Swallowtail (1)
	Eastern Tiger Swallowtail (3)
	Spicebush Swallowtail (1)
	Cabbage White
	Celastrina sp.  (Summer Azure?  very fresh, unspotted and pale underneath)
	Pearl Crescent
	Baltimore Checkerspot (21 Larvae)
	Milbert's Tortoiseshell (4)
	White Admiral form of Red-spotted Purple (1)
	Common Ringlet
	Silver-spotted Skipper (1)
	Least Skipper
	European Skipper (5)