Tigers Needed

Wagner, David david.wagner at uconn.edu
Sun May 20 22:18:43 EDT 2007

Hello all,

I am writing a chapter on the structure, biology and behavior of tiger moth caterpillars.  I am very interested in getting arctiid/tiger moth caterpillars of any kind should any of you come across these.  Anything other than the woolly bear would be of interest.

Of special interest are:
Great Leopard Moth Caterpillar (Ecpantheria scribonia)
any Lichen Moth Caterpillar (Hypoprepia spp.)(Occur on tree trunks, esp. at night)
ground-dwelling Grammia species

These are figured in my guide.

Need these insects alive...in vials. Thanks.

Please send to my office (with data):
David L. Wagner
Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, U-Box 43
University of Connecticut
Storrs, CT 06269-3043
Phone: 860-486-2139

Thanks again.