Middletown sightings

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Thu May 31 08:35:36 EDT 2007

Visited Long Hill Estates in Middletown for a bit yesterday afternoon.  Mostly near the woods, which probably explains the 15+ Little Wood Satyrs.  Also saw 3 Cabbage Whites, 2 Sulphur sp. (possibly Orange, too far away to be sure), 1 dark Swallowtail (either Black female or Spicebush, again too far to tell), and 3 skippers in catmint--I netted one, and it was a Peck's (my FOTY), but I wasn't positive they were all the same.

Also a deer that came running down the path towards me and then froze when it saw me, and several metallic green bugs--anyone know what they were?

Diane