spider question

butterflypr at comcast.net butterflypr at comcast.net
Sat Jul 5 10:21:46 EDT 2008

I've been looking on-line, and not finding anything, so I hope someone out there has a suggestion for me!

Last time I was at Haddam Meadows, I saw a HUGE brown spider crossing the road.  It was right next to my motorcycle, but fortunately moved away from it.  At the time, the body looked as big as a golf ball.  In retrospect, it was probably a little smaller... though it was clearly visible in the road from several feet away.  I had the impression that there was a pattern on the body involving small circles.

Anyone have any idea what it might have been?

Diane