in the buddleia

butterflypr at comcast.net butterflypr at comcast.net
Mon Jul 28 13:43:48 EDT 2008

Just stepped outside to get my mail and found my buddleia full of skippers!  They were very active (except for the dead Tawny Edge that had been grabbed by another bug), so I don't think I identified all of them, but I'm pretty sure I saw:
Peck's
Tawny Edged (one alive!)
Little Glassywing
Dun
as well as a clearwing moth

I think there was also one of the Dash types, but it was too far away and I didn't bring out my binoculars.  I did bring out my field guide, and one of the Peck's actually landed on it and sat on the description of Peck's for about a minute!

Nearby, I also saw one Pearl Crescent and my FOTY Buckeye.

Also one Cabbage White earlier.

Diane
in Chester