Tawny Emperor

htg1523 at att.net htg1523 at att.net
Wed Jul 30 17:10:06 EDT 2008

7/30
I was watching my Hackberry Trees, thinking that I might get another chance to get a better picture of the Am Snout, and saw something flying around the tree.  No Snout but I found a Tawny Emperor laying eggs. I was nose to nose with it for 20 minutes or so and did manage a few pictures of the butterfly and the eggs.  I'm amazed at the number of eggs,,, a quick count is between 200 and 300.
I'll send the pictures if anyone wants to see them.
  There also has been a Question Mark in the two trees the last few days,,,,I have see that other years.
Hank Golet
Old Lyme