West Virginia White+

semismart9 at aol.com semismart9 at aol.com
Tue May 6 14:39:18 EDT 2008

Today, Tuesday, May 6th, Lenny Brown and I spent some time in
Washington at the Steep Rock Reservation -  Hidden Valley area -
Baldwin Knoll and the Boy Scout area. Thanks to the very precise
directions from Peary Stafford, we were able to find 3 WEST VIRGINIA
WHITE Butterflies  at Baldwin Knoll( which were a Life Butterfly for
me). Also in that area we saw 1 Spring Azure.  The rest of the
butterflies were seen at the Scout reservation area.

The full list is as follows:

Eastern Tiger Swallowtail...  4
WEST VIRGINIA WHITE...  3
Cabbage White... 1
Clouded Sulphur... 2
EASTERN PINE ELFIN... 9
Spring Azure... 2 (one marginata form, other not determined)
Juvenal's Duskywing... 6

Grapevine Epimensis moth... 1
many other day-moths flying

70 degrees, 20% cloud cover.. 0-5 MPH wind

Bill Banks
Seymour