Old Lyme sighting

htg1523 at att.net htg1523 at att.net
Wed Sep 3 14:49:49 EDT 2008

9/3
In my home yard, around 1:30 I had two butterflies, one that I rarely see here, a Common Wood Nymph and one that I have never seen here, an Appalachian Brown, both within a few minutes of each other....I didn't get a real good look at the ABrown before it flew through some woods toward my neighbors house and I was thinking it seems awfully late for this species.
  I went to my house for a camera, went to the neighbors yard and found the butterfly in the first sunny spot.  Talk about luck!!  It was on some tall grass and I did get a few decent pictures. (if you want one reply)
   As for the late dates,,I checked the CBA early/late dates and the Com Wood Nymph is 9/15/96 Haley farm and The Appalachian Brown is 9/10/04 Salem.

Ted Hendrickson was here with me.

Hank Golet