Hammo

ButterflyPR at comcast.net ButterflyPR at comcast.net
Wed Sep 10 22:39:42 EDT 2008

Stopped by the butterfly garden at Hammo around noon today.  A bit breezy, but still saw about a dozen Monarchs flying, as well as a couple of Ladies (the one I got a good look at was American), male and female Black Swallowtails, 1 Fiery Skipper, and several Clearwing Moths.  Spoke with a gentleman who was photographing the butterflies--he told me he had seen one tagged, not clear whether that was today or earlier in the week.  He showed me the picture--I didn't have a pen handy, but when I went back to the van, I wrote down what I THOUGHT it was--LGW 084.  I could be wrong, of course!  My tags begin LBS, and I haven't started tagging yet.  Sound familiar to anyone?

Also saw Cabbage Whites, Sulphurs (some Orange, some ?), and another Black Swallowtail while driving out.

Diane