West Rock Ridge St. Park, New Haven

Epmanshell at aol.com Epmanshell at aol.com
Sat Apr 18 17:13:27 EDT 2009

On Saturday, 4/18, I walked along the top of the ridge and was able to find
 the following:

Cabbage White (1)
Falcate Orangetip (1) (My first of the year, near the overlook)
Juniper Hairstreak (4) (My first of the year, in the picnic area at the
overlook)
Spring Azure (6)
Mourning Cloak (5)
American Lady (1) (My first of the year)

In addition to the above species, another butterflier reported  seeing an
Eastern Tiger Swallowtail on the top of the ridge earlier in the  day.

This early activity bodes well for Larry Gall's field trip at this  site
scheduled for Sunday, 3/26.

Lenny Brown
Wallingford

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!