Upcoming pollinator program

Roy Zartarian royz at royzartarian.com
Sat Aug 15 19:35:24 EDT 2009

The message below about a DEP program on butterlies and bees was forwarded
to me by a friend. I thought it worth sharing with the list.
Roy Zartarian

* **Butterflies & Bees –
**Connecticut’s Pollinators
**Wednesday, August 19th, 2009
**6:30 PM to 8 PM*

 Do certain plants in your garden seem to attract numerous insects? Have you
ever wondered what type of butterflies or bees they are? Do you want to
learn how to attract more pollinators to your garden?

Join us at the Goodwin Forest Conservation Center on Wednesday, August 19th
from 6:30 to 8 pm as we discuss the importance of Connecticut’s many
pollinators. We will catch (and release) and identify butterflies in the
Richard Haley Memorial Garden and discuss the history and lifecycle of these
remarkable insects. We will identify the plants in the Haley Memorial Garden
that attract butterflies and bees and learn how to create pollinator gardens
for your own homes.

This program will be held at the Goodwin Forest Conservation Education
Center, located at 23 Potter Rd., off Route 6, in Hampton,
CT. Pre-registration is suggested but not required; contact Judy Rondeau at
judith.rondeau at ct.govor 860-455-9534. There is no fee for this program, but
donations for future Center programs are welcome.

The Goodwin Forest Conservation Education Center is dedicated to providing
forestry, wildlife and general conservation education to youth and adults.
Located within the Goodwin State Forest, the Center is operated jointly by
the Connecticut DEP and the Connecticut Forest & Park Association. Check for
future program announcements at www.ct.gov/dep/Goodwin.