Fresh Meadows Sanctuary, Cheshire

Epmanshell at aol.com Epmanshell at aol.com
Sat Jun 20 14:03:45 EDT 2009

On Saturday, 6/20 I visited Fresh Meadows Sanctuary in Cheshire where I
found a total of 8 species of butterflies.  The list for the day is as
follows:

Cabbage White (8)
Red-spotted Purple (1)
Viceroy (2)
Little Wood Satyr (1)
Least Skipper (12)
European Skipper (2)
Indian Skipper (1) (very worn)
Peck's Skipper (1) (very worn)

At least at this location, it appears that the extended stretch of rainy
weather has killed off the butterflies that emerged in late May and early
June  and delayed the emergence of species that historically emerged in
mid-June.

On a positive note, I note that, as a result of this rainy weather, there
will be a bumper crop nectar plants blooming at the sanctuary in early  July.

Lenny Brown
Wallingford
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585064x1201462784/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=